When the Cat's Away ....


The mice will play! 



With my husband and eldest away tonight on a Scouts canoe trip, I decided to help the little mice play with me ... scrapbooking!  I am amazed at what their little imaginations can so quickly come up with.  This is the gift of innocence.  Creativity abounds! 


Unfortunately it is not matched with equal amounts of hand-eye coordination OR wisdom yet ... which results in: spinning office chairs, tape runners occasionally running along the desktops, and glitter where it absolutely should NOT be. 

But that's where I come in.  I simply use every ounce of patience I have to keep my helpful "nice words" flowing instead of the glue.  Well anyway ...


Here's what my Nathan saw when I opened the first page of the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge booklet ...


A COMPASS!  Really?  I thought it was a flower on a tag.  What do I know.  Look what we made!


We couldn't resist adding a belt to match ...


 Who knew what "boy things" could be made with a few clicks of a button and a little scrap paper?

Thanks God, for little moments like these to cherish with my little ones.  And for my bigger two, who are off enjoying YOUR handiwork tonight.  May all we say and do bring you joy.



Comments

Missi said…
I love repurposing common shapes into uncommon things. ie: hearts into flowers, half circles into flowers etc. And here a flower into something way more "boyish". Way to go! (love how little minds work!)
Anonymous said…
It's amazing what their wee eyes see...Good work...
Weezie

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

The Provision | They Overcame