12 Days of Christmas #7

Create an Ornament!

Last year I was inspired to make a keepsake ornament using my scrapping and stamping supplies. They turned out really cute so I am sharing them with you!

I used our Close to My Heart cardstock - cut into two nesting ovals. Using the scissor distressing technique, or an Edge Distressor, I roughed up the outer edge of the background piece, and punched a hole in the top.

On my inside White Daisy oval, I stamped this image from our Childhood Portrait D1373 stamp set. I love the silhouette look for these stamps, so I used black and embossed clear on top for a more lasting, decorator look. Then I added a first and second generation snowflake, topped with Liquid Glass Z679 and a sprinkle of Prisma Glitter. I sponged the edge with Ponderosa Pine to match the background and give it a softer look.

To assemble - I placed 5 3-D foam squares on the back of my image piece and attached it to the base. Through the hole I threaded Cranberry grosgrain ribbon - and tied it around itself to make a hanger. On the front I wrote our school name & year ... and on the back I personalized a note for each teacher in silver or gold metallic ink. A memory to cherish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

The Provision | They Overcame